"Binky" - Sweet and Mellow!
"Piggy" - aka Curious George and Lover
"Wilbur" - Cool Cat; Copy Cat
- Cats are clean freaks and are constantly grooming themselves.
- They don’t like their food and water bowls next to their litter box.
- If you have or want more than one cat, make sure you provide one litter box per cat.
- If your cat is having accidents in the house, it means the litter box is not clean or they are having a health problem. The litter box should be cleaned daily.
- They eat dry and wet food just like dogs.
- Cat’s get UTI’s alot because of the type of food they are eating. If this is the case, purchase food with urinary track formula.
- Cat’s get bored so make sure they are mentally stimulated with toys, laser lights, cat trees, or even a seat at the window.
- You will experience burst of kitty energy which is very funny.
- Cats will acclimate to your sleep patterns and schedule.
- Cats are stubborn and give the perception that humans are there to accommodate them.
- Cats will spray or mark if they are not fixed or if something is medically wrong with them.
- Cats cannot drink milk but cat milks can be bought at Walmart and pet stores for your pet to drink especially as a treat.
- Dating back to Egyptian times, if a cat brings you a dead animal, it means they love you. It’s their way of saying “thank you”. “You bring me food and water and I bring you food and water”. (http://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/cat.html)
- If a kitten or cat seems more on the chill side, they will most likely be a docile cat. If they are all over the place as a kitten, they will most likely be like that as an adult.
- If your cat is getting extremely bored, you can buy him a laser light at Bed, Bath, and Beyond to help mentally stimulate him.
- If your cat is not de-clawed, make sure you have scratching posts for them to use. They will naturally want to scratch and you don’t want your house torn up.
- SSSCAT Spray - a can that produces a puff of air to deter your cats from getting on furniture, tables, and chairs when in close proximity to the can.
- Use sour sprays to keep from licking and chewing and can be bought at any pet store.
- If your allergic to cats, your not allergic to them but their saliva.
- Cats are constantly cleaning themselves and when their saliva dries on their fur and you touch their fur, you get an allergic reaction.
- Hypoallergenic wipes are made to help with these allergies, are non-scented, and can be bought at Walmart or any pet store.
- Catnip is a stimulate but not harmful to the cat.
- This is good for a cat that doesn’t get much exercise and can get them moving.
- The effects only last between 10-20 minutes and cannot be given to kittens.
- Make sure you get your outdoor cat their rabies and worming shots.
- During the winter months, provide appropriate shelter for your cat. Keep your structure clean and away from wind and snow.
- Fill their huts with straw because it retains the body heat better. Hay and towels retain moisture.
- They are hunters but provide fresh food and water for them daily.
- Alot of cats are indoor/outdoor cats. Once you have a cat who experiences the outdoors, they want that more often.
- A kitten can have her first heat as early as 4 1/2 months, so don't fall for that old "wait until six months to spay" advice. And remember, that once a female cat has her first heat, it will happen again and again, until she either mates or is spayed.
- Be responsible and get your cat spayed. A cat can be nursing and become pregnant.
- Cats produce different purrs and cries.
- When they look at you and close their eyes, blink soft and slow, that means they are very comfortable and are accepting you. They love you. They are relaxed.
- If they flick their tail back and forth or are hitting their tail against the floor, it means they are getting mad or they see something they don’t like.
- Indoor cats can live 17 years or more where as outdoor cats live between 2-5 years.
- Having a diabetic cat is not as costly or scary as people think it is. The needles are approximately $12.00 per box of 100 and the medication is approximately $25.00 per month.
- Your vet bills might be costly up front with maintenance at a minimum.
- If your cat is diabetic, you will notice frequent urination and your litter box filling up faster.
- With a diabetic cat, giving them a shot can be made fun. Feed them their favorite food and give them their shot while they are focusing on meal time and not you.
- Human Foods are not meant for cats
- Onions, garlic, and related root vegetables
- Green tomatoes, green (raw potatoes)
- Grapes and raisins
- The Sweetener Xylitol
"Three well behaved little fur babies who are trained to love Christmas but not the tree" :-)