We may have all seen at one in point in our lives, whether in person or on video, of someone giving a dog alcohol. I have never seen it in person and I always try to stay positive in my blogging but I have to be honest, I came across a picture of a puppy being forced fed alcohol and it made me sick to my stomach.
- Slowed movement or difficulty walking
- Wild fluctuations in body temperature
- Decrease in blood pressure
- Respiratory difficulty or failure
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Hypothermia (low body temperature)
Alcohol is poisonous to dogs, cats, horses, birds, and cows. Alcohol is also found in surprising places including unbaked yeast bread dough and desserts made with alcohol. When pets ingest rising bread dough, alcohol from the fermenting yeast in the dough is rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream and can result in alcohol poisoning.
Call the Animal Poison Control Center should you see any of these signs in an animal who has ingested alcohol.
Photography by Thomas Domitrovich and thank you to Jake Domitrovich for being our model :-).