I was tossing around some ideas for dinner and thinking...should I use the chicken I have in the refrigerator or should I just take the easy route and order Chinese. That's when I came across a picture on Pinterest that looked absolutely delicious plus I could use up the organic chicken I had bought at Kroger the day before. Excited, I clicked on the picture and it took me directly to a food blog called Dude That Cookz created by Eric Jones. I found his recipe called Sicilian Chicken and Spinach and my decision was made...Thomas and I were going to have chicken for dinner. I changed the recipe and cooking steps a bit but wanted to give him credit. His blog is a combination of fun and deliciousness all rolled into one! This dish turned out amazing and we gobbled it up :-).
3 Organic Chicken Breast
1 cup Chicken Stock
Fettuccini Alfredo Sauce - See recipe below
14 Sun-Dried Tomatoes
10 oz. Fresh Leaf Spinach
2 tb sp. Minced Garlic
1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1 tsp. Thyme
1 tsp. Oregano
1/4 tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
4 tbsp. Butter
1 stick of Land O' Lakes Salted Butter
2 tablespoons of Garlic Powder
16 oz Heavy Whipping Cream
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1. Season the chicken breasts with Himalayan salt and pepper then rub the seasoning into the meat.
2. Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat and add 3 tbsp of butter.
3. Cook chicken on both sides for 6 minutes until brown.
4. Once cooked, set chicken to the side and add the other 1 tbsp of butter to your iron skillet.
5. Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper to pan and stir until soft and fragrant.
6. Add the chicken stock.
7. Add fettuccini sauce, thyme, and oregano then cook until it begins to blend and simmer.
8. Add baby spinach and cook until wilted.
9. Add the sun dried tomatoes and allow to cook with all other ingredients.
10. Place the chicken back into the pan with ingredients and remove from heat.
11. Place pan into a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
12. Remove from oven, allow to cool, then serve.