I first have to say that I’m so proud of myself!!! Why???? Because tonight, for the first time ever, I made salmon and all by myself to boot! I’m not a lover of salmon but Thomas is and I wanted to make us a healthy dinner. So off to the store I went in search of his favorite fish. And…the only thing left were these 3 little pieces so I told the lady to wrap em’ up!
I asked…do you want just olive oil with salt and pepper or do you want a glaze on these little buggers. I crossed my fingers hoping he would say just olive oil but nope, he wanted a glaze. This made me nervous! Yikes! But to my delight, they turned out amazing and I don’t even like salmon.
- 1.11 pounds of farm raised Atlantic salmon (The weight in these 3 pieces)
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley flakes or fresh parsley if you have it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay salmon in and pour the glaze (leave some for glazing after salmon is cooked) over top and add parsley flakes. Fold the sides of the aluminum foil around the salmon. Cover top with a layer of aluminum foil to seal the juices in.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until salmon is cooked throughout.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a pan. When hot, lay the salmon down onto the pan (skin side up) to sear in the juices for approximately 2 minutes or to your liking. Take from the pan and drizzle remaining glaze mixture.
- Serve with pan seared broccoli and baked potato or rice.
You Might Also Like
I had a completely different post to put out today but had to rearrange my posting schedule to include this one. Thomas wanted wings with just salt and pepper. I said…are you sure? I felt like I need to add more ingredients but he said…sometimes less is more and I...
Every once in a while, I get a craving for Mexican. I love going and getting the white cheese, nachos, and a shrimp burrito with extra pica de Gallo! Yummmmmm! Thomas isn't a big fan of going out for Mexican but that man LOVES cheese. I was trying to come up with...
Do you like sweet onions, portobello mushrooms, and hamburger mixed with Worcestershire sauce? If you do, try my Juicy Onion Mushroom Burger on a soft butter grilled bun! I made us lunch last week and tried this new recipe on Thomas without telling him. He was...