Proud Dog Chef
Protein Power Bites recipe taken from the Proud Dog Chef cookbook
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all natural applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Line one baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add quinoa flour, coconut flour, turmeric, and black pepper. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg.
- Add applesauce, water, and coconut oil to egg. Mix together until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together with a spoon or fork.
- Using your hand, knead dough for several minutes, eventually forming a dough ball. Dough will feel dry at first, just keep folding and kneading.
- Sandwich dough between two layers of parchment paper.
- With a rolling pin, carefully roll dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Stamp with cookie cutters and place biscuits on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- After the timer goes off, remove biscuits from oven, flip them over, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer biscuits to a wire rack to cool.
You Might Also Like
Happy Friday everyone! It’s “Friday Treats Friday” and I hope you are enjoying these as much as I am. I have to admit that I was a bit stumped this week on what to create for you. I feel like I’ve been using whole wheat floured recipes so much and wanted to change...
Happy “Friday Treats Friday” everyone!!!! If you didn’t read my post on Wednesday (HERE), I talked about my love for pizza and the idea came to me…why not make mini Pupperoni Pizzas for Jake and Maggie?!?! We have a major project going on at home making custom made...