Proud Dog Chef
Protein Power Bites recipe taken from the Proud Dog Chef cookbook
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all natural applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Line one baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add quinoa flour, coconut flour, turmeric, and black pepper. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg.
- Add applesauce, water, and coconut oil to egg. Mix together until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together with a spoon or fork.
- Using your hand, knead dough for several minutes, eventually forming a dough ball. Dough will feel dry at first, just keep folding and kneading.
- Sandwich dough between two layers of parchment paper.
- With a rolling pin, carefully roll dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Stamp with cookie cutters and place biscuits on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- After the timer goes off, remove biscuits from oven, flip them over, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer biscuits to a wire rack to cool.
You Might Also Like
I’ve been wanting to post my Mashed Potato recipe for a long time now but kept putting it off because it is just so easy and not much to it. I’m that person who can cook a really hard meal and it comes out tasting scrumptious but can’t make boiled rice to save my...
I’m so proud to announce that Jake and Maggie are the newest Ambassadors for Aki-Oka Pet Boutique. Aki-Oka Pet Boutique is a 100% Canadian owned and operated on-line boutique for all your pets fashion and accessories. They believe in rehoming and a portion of their...
Anyone hungry for fried chicken and Portobello mushrooms??? I had every intention to make a true chicken marsala tonight but changed my mind and made a delicious Butter Chicken Marsala instead. The chicken was tender with just the right amount of crisp! The...