Pet Honored Holidays For March 2020
Yesterday, Sunday, March 8th was International Women’s Day! International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women – while also marking a call to action for accelerating gender equality. The International Women’s Day date was moved to March 8 in 1913. The day aimed to help nations worldwide eliminate discrimination against women. It also focused on helping women gain full and equal participation in global development.
International Women’s Day honors women but it means so much more. This got me thinking about all the other days of the month that are being honored. Of course, I had to look up all pet related honored days for March 2020 and here they are.
I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.” - Audrey Hepburn
• Poison Prevention Awareness Month
• Adopt a Rescued Guinea Pig Month
• March 2-9: Professional Pet Sitters Week
• March 5-8: Crufts. Held in Birmingham, England, this is the world’s largest dog show, featuring nearly 28,000 canines in its four days
• March 15-21: National Poison Prevention Week
• March 3: If Pets Had Thumbs Day
• March 13: K-9 Veterans Day
• March 17: Saint Gertrude of Nivelles Day— patron saint of cats
• March 23: National Puppy Day
• March 23. Cuddly Kitten Day
• March 28: Respect Your Cat Day
• March 30. Take a Walk in the Park Day. Although not exclusively a pet holiday, this day makes a great time to explore a new park with your dog!
You Might Also Like
Did you know that dogs can get acne just as people do? Have you ever seen a dog with white and red pimples around their mouth? When I adopted my old dog Bear years ago from the shelter, he was around 1 year old and I noticed tiny bumps around his mouth with some...
This post might be a little late for some of you, but I thought about it today and did some research. Can you claim your dog on your taxes? I have always been told “no" but wondered…are there any loop holes?? Now that Jake and Maggie are certified therapy dogs, I...